Quinoa with Davide Italian Tomato Sauce
An Italian version of quinoa, the amazing "super grain" of South America everyone is talking about. Vegetarian. Gluten Free.
2 cups Davide Originale Sauce
½ cup quinoa (thoroughly soaked and rinsed clean - until water is clear - takes about 15 minutes)
1 cup water
Sea Salt – a couple pinches
Fresh Italian Parsley
1. Bring salted water to a boil in a small fry pan or chef's pan
2. Slowly add quinoa, stirring
3. Cook very slowly about 15 minutes and place in a bowl to cool.
4. Heat Davide Originale in the pot where the quinoa was cooked.
5. Add quinoa and heat a couple minutes.
6. Portion and shape with a spoon in bowls.
7. Top with Reggiano Parmesan
8. Garnish with fresh Italian parsley.
Quinoa originated in the Andean Mountain Range of South America. For fun with children, add quinoa in spoonfuls and form a “mountain” in the bowls, like the Andean mountain range of South America. The cheese can be the snow.